We offer different types of checking accounts designed for your lifestyle in mind. We can help you choose the account that will best fit your needs.
Rebate Checking Account
Earn a rebate representing 2% of your average daily balance. Here is all you need to do:
- Register for online banking
- Sign up for monthly E-statements
- Complete a minimum 15 debit card transactions per month
- Receive a minimum $500 in direct deposits each month
- Refer to important disclosures below*
- Make Cents™ is a convenient way to start building your savings! Make Cents™ rounds up each of your Shoreline debit card purchases to the next whole dollar amount.
Additional Perks of a Rebate Checking account:
- No minimum balance
- No monthly or annual service charges
- No per check processing fees
- Duplicate checks
- ATM/debit card
- Unlimited check writing
- Easy account accessibility with E-statements, ATMs, 24-hour phone and online banking
- Make deposits in person, by mail, direct deposit, at a Shoreline ATM or via the Mobile App.
- Automatically deduct pre-authorized withdrawals such as mortgage, insurance, loan and utility payments
- Overdraft protection and overdraft advance services to save you the hassles, cost and embarrassment of returned checks — with automatic transfer from your savings to your checking account.
- NSF fee’s waived if connected to a Kwik Cash account.
*Rebate Percentage. 2% rebate on balances between $0 and $5,000 and 0% rebate on balances exceeding $5,000 each cycle the minimum requirements are met, which are performing at least 15 debit card transactions (ATM transactions excluded), receiving an E-statement and have Direct Deposit set up with this account. Rebate and ATM refunds will be paid in the form of a credit to the Rebate Checking Account. If you use an ATM not within Shoreline’s network (Foreign ATM), and are charged a fee for usage, we will refund up to $5 per month. Any earned rebate will be credited to your Rebate Checking Account monthly. If you do not meet the requirements per cycle, your account will still function as a Rebate Checking Account earning 0%, and it will not receive ATM refunds for that time period. We may change the rebate rate at any time after the account is opened. Available to personal accounts only. Fees could reduce the earnings on the account. Membership required. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Rebate accrual: Shoreline Credit Union will use the average daily balance when calculating the rebate earned for the statement cycle. When all of the Rebate Checking requirements are met, your rebate earned will be 2% of your average daily balance for the month and foreign ATM fees up to $5 will be given in the form of rebate credit (which will be posted to your rebate checking account). If any of the requirements are not met, your account will not receive a rebate. All requirements will be reset at the beginning of each month.
Closing of account: If you close your account before the end of the month, no rebate will be earned and you will lose all rebate accrued to that point.
Rebate credit: Your rebate earned balance will post monthly to the Rebate Checking Account.
At Shoreline Hometown Credit Union, we understand that mistakes happen. It is time to forget the past and move forward. Our FreshStart Checking Account is designed for those members who deserve a second chance and cannot open a checking account elsewhere. Fees and other charges may apply.**
- No minimum balance.
- ATM/debit card, online banking, E-statements and bill pay.
- May improve your Qualifile Score, which is like a Credit Score, but for deposit accounts.
- Design a payment plan for unpaid closures or other outstanding debt that is potentially harming your credit.
- Enjoy convenient access to cash, including direct deposit and ATM access.
**FreshStart Checking. If any of the conditions of this product are not met during one calendar month, you will have until the close of business of the last day in the subsequent month to re-qualify. Failure to re-qualify or notify the Credit Union may result in account closure. Account is primarily for those with a derogatory credit history. If your ChexSystems reports an unpaid checking or savings account closure, you will be required to set up a repayment plan at the time of account opening. The plan will include paying off the closure in one year or less. The payments you make every month will go into a separate savings account, to be paid by Shoreline Credit Union to the financial institution reporting a closure at the end of the agreement. If the terms of the payment plan are not maintained, the account will be closed. If there are no unpaid closures, no payment or savings plan is required. This account does not pay dividends. The account does not include check writing privileges. Overdraft Advance is not available with this account. If the account becomes overdrawn, it may be subject to closure by the Credit Union. A fee of $9.95 is assessed at the last day of each month. Although there is no minimum balance, a deposit sufficient to cover the first month’s fee is required at account opening. Available to personal accounts only. Membership required. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Shoreline Visa Debit Card
- Instant Issue Debit Cards – Come into the branch during operating hours and walk out with a new debit card.
- Functions as an ATM or a debit card.
- Chip-enabled card for increased fraud protection.
- No need to write checks to make purchases as funds are deducted right from your checking account.
- Monthly statements detail location and amount of each purchase.
- View your card activity via online banking.
- Use your debit card anywhere VISA® is accepted.
- Notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen at 920-482-3700 during business hours or 1-855-726-7761 after hours.
- If you need to reset your debit card pin, please call 1-866-985-2273 and follow the instructions.
- After hours Debit Card Numbers –
- Member Service: 1-855-726-7761
- Automated activation/PIN reset line: 1-866-985-2273
- Fraud Department: 1-888-918-7313
Deposit Accepting ATMs
For your convenience, you can now make deposits at ATMs at all Shoreline locations. These ATMs allow you to conveniently withdraw cash and make quick cash or check deposits all in one simple location. And as a Hometown Reward, it’s free for Shoreline members.
- Make cash deposits.
- Deposit up to 50 checks and or 50 notes.
- Go paperless — no need for deposit slips.
- Move money between accounts.
- Check your account balances.
- Bank on your schedule — 24 hours a day.
- Convenient, electronic way to assist you with your deposit transactions.
Using a Shoreline Deposit Accepting ATM can be more convenient and quicker than entering a Shoreline branch.
Shoreline ATM Deposit Limits:
Check Deposit Limit: 50 check images
Cash Deposit Limit: 50 notes
Checks and other items received for deposit are subject to the provisions of the uniform commercial code and any applicable collection agreement.
Interested in a Shoreline checking account?
To reorder checks, please click here.