We offer different types of checking accounts designed for your lifestyle in mind. We can help you choose the account that will best fit your needs.
Hometown Cashback Checking Account
Earn cash back representing up to 5.00%APY of your average daily balance.*
Here is all you need to do:
- Register for online banking.
- Sign up for monthly eStatements.
- Complete at least 15 debit card transactions per month (ATM transactions excluded).
- Receive at least $500 in direct deposits each month.
- Refer to important disclosures below.*
Additional perks of a Hometown Cashback Checking account:
- No minimum balance.
- No monthly or annual service charges.
- Duplicate checks.
- ATM/debit card.
- Unlimited check writing.
- Up to $5 per month refund for ATM charges.
- Easy account accessibility with eStatements, ATMs, 24-hour phone banking, and online banking.
- Make deposits through Mobile Check Deposit via our mobile app, at a Shoreline ATM, by mail via direct deposit, or in person.
- Automatically deduct pre-authorized withdrawals such as mortgage, insurance, loan, and utility payments.
- Overdraft Transfer and Overdraft Privilege to save you the hassle, cost, and embarrassment of returned checks.
- NSF fees waived if connected to a Kwik Cash account with sufficient funds available to cover the transfer.
- Make Cents™ as an add-on benefit to make saving easier.
Cash Back Percentage: 5.00%APY cash back on balances between $0 and $5,000 and 0.00%APY cash back on balances exceeding $5,000 each cycle the minimum requirements are met, as listed under the “Here is all you need to do” heading above. If you use an ATM not within Shoreline’s network (Foreign ATM) and are charged a fee for usage, we will refund up to $5 per month. Any earned cash back or ATM fee refund will be credited to your Hometown Cashback Checking account monthly. If you do not meet the requirements per cycle, your account will still function as a Hometown Cashback Checking account earning 0.00%APY and it will not receive ATM refunds for that time period. Available to personal accounts only. Fees could reduce the earnings on the account. Membership required. Rates and terms are subject to change at any time without notice. Cash Back Accrual: Shoreline Hometown Credit Union will use the average daily balance when calculating cash back earned for the statement cycle. All requirements will be reset at the beginning of each month. Closing of account: If you close your account before the end of the month, no cash back will be earned and you will lose all cash back accrued to that point.
To reorder checks, please click here.
One less thing to worry about with Worry-Free™ Hometown Checking
Life is hectic, but opening a Worry-Free™ Hometown Checking account will give you one less thing to worry about. The account provides a simple, straightforward checking experience designed to make your life easier.
What makes the account worry-free
- No minimum balance requirements
- No overdraft or non-sufficient funds charges (overdrawn transactions will simply be declined)
- Straightforward $5 monthly maintenance charge
- Free debit card (no checks means a simpler payment process)
- Certified as a safe, affordable, accessible account
Free services to give you peace of mind include
- Free bill pay
- Free digital services, including mobile deposit, online banking, eStatements, mobile banking, and direct deposit
- Free access to financial literacy seminars
- Free access to appointments with a certified credit union financial counselor
Simplify your checking experience by opening a Worry-Free™ Hometown Checking account today!Open Account
Membership eligibility required. Account approval, conditions, qualifications and other requirements apply. Terms and conditions subject to change at any time without notice. A $5 maintenance fee will be charged to the account each month. All non-sufficient funds (NSF) transactions will be declined if possible. No NSF or overdraft fees will be charged. An NSF transaction occurs when a check, electronic transaction, or other item is presented for payment when the available balance in the account is insufficient to cover the amount of the check, electronic transaction, or other item.
At Shoreline Hometown Credit Union, we understand that mistakes happen. It is time to forget the past and move forward. Our FreshStart Checking Account is designed for those members who deserve a second chance and cannot open a checking account elsewhere. Fees and other charges may apply.**
- No minimum balance.
- ATM/debit card, online banking, E-statements and bill pay.
- May improve your Qualifile Score, which is like a Credit Score, but for deposit accounts.
- Design a payment plan for unpaid closures or other outstanding debt that is potentially harming your credit.
- Enjoy convenient access to cash, including direct deposit and ATM access.
**FreshStart Checking. If any of the conditions of this product are not met during one calendar month, you will have until the close of business of the last day in the subsequent month to re-qualify. Failure to re-qualify or notify the Credit Union may result in account closure. Account is primarily for those with a derogatory credit history. If your ChexSystems reports an unpaid checking or savings account closure, you will be required to set up a repayment plan at the time of account opening. The plan will include paying off the closure in one year or less. The payments you make every month will go into a separate savings account, to be paid by Shoreline Credit Union to the financial institution reporting a closure at the end of the agreement. If the terms of the payment plan are not maintained, the account will be closed. If there are no unpaid closures, no payment or savings plan is required. This account does not pay dividends. The account does not include check writing privileges. Overdraft Advance is not available with this account. If the account becomes overdrawn, it may be subject to closure by the Credit Union. A fee of $9.95 is assessed at the last day of each month. Although there is no minimum balance, a deposit sufficient to cover the first month’s fee is required at account opening. Available to personal accounts only. Membership required. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Shoreline Visa Debit Card
- Instant Issue Debit Cards – Come into the branch during operating hours and walk out with a new debit card.
- Functions as an ATM or a debit card.
- Chip-enabled card for increased fraud protection.
- No need to write checks to make purchases as funds are deducted right from your checking account.
- Monthly statements detail location and amount of each purchase.
- View your card activity via online banking.
- Use your debit card anywhere VISA® is accepted.
- Notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen at 920-482-3700 during business hours or 1-855-726-7761 after hours.
- If you need to reset your debit card pin, please call 1-866-985-2273 and follow the instructions.
- After hours Debit Card Numbers –
- Member Service: 1-855-726-7761
- Automated activation/PIN reset line: 1-866-985-2273
- Fraud Department: 1-888-918-7313
Deposit Accepting ATMs
For your convenience, you can now make deposits at ATMs at all Shoreline locations. These ATMs allow you to conveniently withdraw cash and make quick cash or check deposits all in one simple location. And as a Hometown Reward, it’s free for Shoreline members.
- Make cash deposits.
- Deposit up to 50 checks and or 50 notes.
- Go paperless — no need for deposit slips.
- Move money between accounts.
- Check your account balances.
- Bank on your schedule — 24 hours a day.
- Convenient, electronic way to assist you with your deposit transactions.
Using a Shoreline Deposit Accepting ATM can be more convenient and quicker than entering a Shoreline branch.
Shoreline ATM Deposit Limits:
Check Deposit Limit: 50 check images
Cash Deposit Limit: 50 notes
Checks and other items received for deposit are subject to the provisions of the uniform commercial code and any applicable collection agreement.
To reorder checks, please click here.
Enroll in Bill Payment:
- Login to your Shoreline Online Banking account.
- Hover over the “Pay & Transfer” tab.
- Click enroll in Bill Pay from the drop down menu.
Simplify Your Life
Looking for an easy way to simplify your life? Bill Pay can help you do just that. With Bill Pay, you can receive and pay your bills online with the click of a mouse from your Shoreline Hometown Credit Union checking account via the online banking portal.
There is no additional sign on procedure or password to remember – just click Pay Bills while in the online banking portal. Bill Pay is fast, secure, convenient…and easy!
Pay any bill online… including your house payment, your credit card company – even your babysitter – at any time, from anywhere.
Receive your bills electronically . . . Visa, MasterCard, and Verizon are just a few of the companies from which you can choose to receive e-bills. And the list is growing every day. (Follow the instructions under the “Sign Up to Receive E-Bills” link on the Bill Pay screen to begin receiving e-bills.)
- Authorize checks to be sent to anyone – for anything from babysitting to birthdays
- Set up recurring payments – like mortgage and car payments or insurance premiums
- Schedule payments at your convenience – processing will not begin until the date you assign
- Pay bills quickly – schedule a same- or next-day payment (for selected billers)
- View a register of payment history
- Monitor the status of your payments any time – stop wondering if your payment was received
- Download transaction data into personal financial software such as Quicken or Microsoft Money
Please watch the how to video below to learn more about Bill Pay.
*Bill Pay must be used once per month to avoid fee. Additional details can be found here.
To reorder checks, please click here.