Service Charges and Overdrafts
Thanks for checking out our service charges. We know service charges are a difference maker for many people. That’s why, starting 3/1/2020, you have options to avoid overdraft fees, even if you overdraft your account. How’s that for a Hometown Difference?
What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or a Kwik Cash, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
Effective, July 1, 2010 for new members’ and August 15, 2010 for current members’, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined, and you will not be charged an overdraft fee.
What fees will I be charged if Shoreline Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a service charge each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total service charges we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Shoreline Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 920-482-3700, or print and complete the Overdraft/Reg E form and return it by mail to:
Shoreline Credit Union
P.O. Box 27
Two Rivers, WI 54241