Securely store your Shoreline Hometown Debit or Credit Card in your phone’s digital wallet for quick checkouts when shopping in store or online. It makes purchases easy, convenient, and secure!
Paying with a digital wallet is safer than giving the store your card number and PIN. Transactions are validated by a number that is unique to each device and card. This encrypted number is used to authorize purchases so your card number and PIN are never transferred or stored with the merchant, meaning they are less likely to be compromised.
Many smartphones offer fingerprint Touch ID or Face Recognition that can be used to authorize transactions. This means your digital wallet is available at the touch of your fingertips. There is no need to show additional ID, sign, or wait for the chip reader to complete the transaction.
Shoreline Hometown Credit Union cards are compatible with:
Digital Wallet Special
Sign up today for Digital Wallet – Get $5
While our community is practicing social distancing, Shoreline has the technology for you to limit your use of common touch points. Paying with a digital wallet is safer than giving the store your card number and PIN. Transactions are validated by a number that is unique to each device and card. This encrypted number is used to authorize purchases so your card number and PIN are never transferred or stored with the merchant, meaning they are less likely to be compromised.
Starting June 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020 – Shoreline will pay you $5 for enrolling in Digital Wallet and using the service at least three times between June 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020.
If you are having difficulty enrolling, please visit our Digital Wallet Page for complete details on how to enroll in each service.
Limit 1 Digital Wallet promotion per member. Payouts only to members who enroll in Digital Wallet between 6/1/2020 and 8/31/2020 and use the service at least three times within this period. Previously enrolled members are not eligible for this promotion. Account credit will be received no later than 9/30/2020.
How do I enroll in Apple Pay™?
Enrollment is simple and easy. To ensure your enrollment goes smoothly, you should use the same contact information for your iTunes and Apple Pay™ accounts that you use for your Debit or Credit Card. If there is a discrepancy, it will delay your enrollment. If your phone number, email address or mailing address has changed but you have not yet updated that contact information in your Shoreline or iTunes account, you should update the incorrect information before enrolling in Apple Pay.
To enroll your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card in Apple Pay,
- Click on the Settings icon on your device.
- Open “Wallet & Apple Pay.”
- Click on “Add Credit or Debit Card” on the Passbook & Apple Pay screen.
- Add your card to Apple Pay:
- If your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card is already connected to your iTunes account, just enter the card’s security code to enroll.
- If your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card is not currently connected to your iTunes account, it’s still easy to add it into Apple Pay. Simply snap a picture of your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card with your iPhone or iPad camera OR enter your card number and payment information using your device keyboard.
- You can also enroll in Apple Pay using the wallet app on your Iphone.
To learn more about Apple Pay please visit this link.
How do I enroll in Google Pay™?
Shoreline Hometown Credit Union is happy to support Google Pay™ across Shoreline Debit and Credit Cards.
To enroll your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card in Google Pay:
- Download the Google Pay app on your phone
- Add your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card (as easy as snapping a pic!)
- Pay at over one million locations nationwide.
Google Pay is both easy-to-use and secure
Google Pay is as convenient as it is secure. Why? Because Google Pay never uses your actual card number. Instead, it uses a virtual account number so your actual credit card number stays safe. To see a full list of stores accepting Google Pay, visit this link.
To learn more about Google Pay please visit this link.
How do I enroll in Samsung Pay™?
Shoreline Hometown Credit Union is happy to support Samsung Pay™ across Shoreline Debit and Credit Cards.
To enroll your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card in Samsung Pay:
- Open the Samsung Pay app and click the Get Started button, then create your Samsung Pay backup PIN.
- Click the Cards button at the top left of the screen.
- Click the Add cards button and take a photo of your Shoreline card.
- Select a card verification method from the on-screen list of options (SMS/text, email, phone, etc.) and follow the verification instructions.
- Secure it with your fingerprint.Then, you’re good to go!
The Best Security, Built-In
Samsung Pay transactions are authorized with your fingerprint and use a digital identifier instead of your card number. Even if your phone is compromised, Samsung Knox technology encrypts your card info within a separate, secure data vault.
Samsung Pay makes paying with your phone super easy. Plus, it works almost anywhere you can swipe or tap a card. See a full list of Samsung pay merchants at Samsung.com/pay.
To learn more about Samsung Pay please visit this link.
How do I enroll in Venmo?
To enroll your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card in Venmo:
- Download the Venmo mobile app for iOS or Android.
- Open the Venmo app on your device.
- Choose your sign up method and create a password (between 8 and 32 characters).
- Verify your phone number and email address.
- Add your Shoreline Visa card number and verify it after receiving small “microtransfer” transactions sent by Venmo.
To learn more about Venmo please visit this link.
How do I enroll in PayPal?
To enroll your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card in PayPal,
If you already have a PayPal account:
- Log in to your account and select Wallet.
- Click Link a debit or credit card.
- Type your card number, date and security code into the form, then confirm your billing address and click the Link Card button.
If you are new to PayPal:
- Go to the PayPal website and click Sign Up.
- Select your account type (personal or business), then click Next.
- Type your email address and create a password, then click Next.
- Fill out your personal information and click Agree and Create Account.
- After you’ve created your account, follow the “If you already have a PayPal account” instructions above to enroll your Shoreline Debit or Credit Card in PayPal.
To learn more about PayPal please visit this link.